Second Thessalonians is a short book in the New Testament filled with insights about God’s tender care and concern over His faithful. It also contains powerful reminders about the everlasting torment and destruction of the wicked. As we prayerfully consider the ways to best prepare our families, may we also feel burdened for those who have not yet surrendered to Christ. Perilous times are the best times to share the good news of repentance and faith in Jesus alone. Many are afraid of nuclear war, financial collapse, future pandemics and other crises. Will you ask God to show you someone you could share Jesus with and go to them as soon as you can? Most are more receptive than ever before.
“..Our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us and hath given us everlasting consolation, and good hope through grace, comfort your hearts and stablish you in every good word and work” (2 Thess. 2:16-17).
1. CONGRESS PASSES RADICAL OMNIBUS SPENDING PACKAGE: According to The New American, the far-left $1.5 trillion spending bill:
- spends over $100 billion on leftist “Green New Deal” programs, further implementing a radical climate-change agenda and rigging the economy in favor of “green” energy
- includes over 4,000 wasteful “pork” earmarks(totaling billions of dollars) for the first time since 2011
- spends $13.6 billion in aid for Ukraine, further entangling the United States in foreign conflicts
- spends $0 on border security or other programs that would end mass migration into the United States, despite spending hundreds of millions of dollars on border security in foreign countries
- expands Marxist “diversity, equality, and inclusion” at the Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- spends billions of dollars on multiple wasteful welfare programs, government subsidies, and grants
- continues the federal government’s COVID-19 “national emergency.”
2. RUSSIA THE NEW COVID: Ron Paul comments, “President Biden’s ‘maskless’ State of the Union signifies the near-end of the COVID tyranny we have lived under for the past two years. Fortunately for Congress, the President, and the Federal Reserve, the Ukraine-Russia conflict is replacing COVID as a ready-made excuse for their failures and a justification for expanding their power.”
3. ENERGY WARS AND THE GREEN AGENDA: Biden has now banned all Russian energy imports and is looking to Venezuela and Iran to potentially fill the gap. When asked about rising energy prices, Biden smugly replied, “Can’t do much about it right now. Russia is responsible.”
The Biden Administration is using the energy crisis to push “green” energy. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg suggested that Americans buy electric cars, even though the average electric car currently costs $55,000. EPA Administrator Michael Regan said, “We’re pressing the accelerator to reach a zero-emissions future sooner than most people thought.” Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR) said America must undermine Russia by ending “our dependence on oil and have the world transition to renewable energy.” Former Obama U.S. Treasury official Mark Mazur said, “We don’t want lower prices for fossil-fuel buyers, we prefer higher prices” to achieve “climate change goals.”
Ed. Note: On the eve of January 6, 2021, the national average gas price was under $2.25 per gallon. It hit $4.10 per gallon on March 7, 2022. The dramatic increase is intentional.
4. UKRAINE CONFLICT SPARKS A GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS: According to Reuters, “The conflict in Ukraine is threatening global grain production, the supply of edible oils and fertilizer exports, sending basic commodity prices rocketing and mirroring the crisis in energy markets. Serbia, Hungary, and Bulgaria have all banned or restricted exports of grain. Economists warn that 474 million people living in Northern Africa and the Middle East will be most impacted.
Ben Riensche, an Iowa farmer who farms 16,000 acres of corn and soybeans, told Tucker Carlson, “Soaring fertilizer prices are likely to bring spiked food prices. If you’re upset that gas is up a dollar or two a gallon, wait until your grocery bill is up $1,000 a month, and it might not just manifest itself in terms of price. It could be quantity as well. Empty-shelf syndrome may be starting.” According to the US Drought Monitor, 61% of the continental United States is now in drought.
In an article titled, “Americans May Have to Say Goodbye to Steak and Burgers as Beef Costs Rise,” Bloomberg reports that inflation is squeezing processors like Tyson Foods Inc. and JBS USA and that “demand for the luxury meat is flagging.”
5. ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL WARFARE — IF THEY CANCEL CANCEL CANADIANS AND RUSSIANS, THEY CAN CANCEL YOU: The long list of companies suspending operations in Russia include Visa, Mastercard, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Goldman Sachs, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Starbucks, and Amazon. Russian banks are now transitioning to Communist China’s UnionPay system. British Foreign Minister Liz Truss said, “We want a situation where they can’t access their funds, they can’t clear their payments, their trade can’t flow, their ships can’t dock, and their planes can’t land.” Federal prosecutors are using civil forfeiture laws to confiscate the assets of Russian oligarchs.
In an interview with Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Canadian Freedom Convoy leader Tom Marazzo described how it felt to be canceled financially: “My credit card was turned off. My spouse’s credit rating was attacked and it dropped 109 points. The credit card that I used to pay for my child’s medication didn’t work. And because it’s on file with the pharmacy, I couldn’t even get heart medication for my child…this was all done without any warrants for my arrest, any charges — I wasn’t prosecuted — this was because I had the wrong thoughts.”
Mike Adams warns, “Importantly, everything the banksters are doing to the Russians, they plan to do to YOU. If you refuse to comply with anything — such as vaccines — you can be cut off from the entire financial system without warning.”
7. BIDEN ADMINISTRATION RELEASES EXECUTIVE ORDER ON CRYPTOCURRENCIES AND A CENTRAL BANK DIGITAL CURRENCY: The Biden Administration is moving to crack down on cryptocurrencies and reinforce the government’s monopoly on money. Biden announced measures in the following areas:
- Consumer and investor protection
- Financial stability
- Illicit activity
- U.S. competitiveness on a global stage
- Financial inclusion
- Responsible innovation
Biden also released instructions to “Explore a U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) by placing urgency on research and development of a potential United States CBDC, should issuance be deemed in the national interest.”
Ed. Note: The government and Federal Reserve want to crack down on cryptocurrencies and institute their own Central Bank Digital Currency (or a one world digital currency as explained in this week’s Behind the Scenes interview) to be tied to your digital identity, vaccine status, ESG score, carbon credits, and more.
8. UKRAINE WAR AN ATTEMPT TO DISTRACT FROM COVID VACCINE DEATHS AND INJURIES? The Daily Exposé writes, “Whilst you’ve been distracted by Russia’s Invasion, the U.K. Gov. released a report confirming the fully vaccinated now account for 9 in every 10 Covid-19 deaths in England. It’s times like these that you ought to watch what bad news is being quietly published in the background in the hope that it won’t receive much attention, because there’s nothing better than an international crisis to distract the public from what’s going on at home.”
9. NAOMI WOLF COMMENTS ON 1,291 KNOWN SIDE EFFECTS TO PFIZER VACCINE: Recently released Pfizer documents reveal a staggering 1,291 adverse side effects (nine pages long) to Pfizer’s Covid vaccine. (You can read them by clicking here and beginning at page 30). Speaking on Steve Bannon’s War Room program, former Clinton advisor Naomi Wolf accused Walensky, Fauci, and Collins of “conspiracy to commit murder” for not revealing to the American public these now-released side effects to the Pfizer vaccine. Wolf said, “The fact that people like Rochelle Walensky, Dr. Fauci, Dr. Collins – all the ‘influencers’ who were paid, as we now know, said ‘safe and effective,’ this needs criminal charges. This could be conspiracy to murder. And members of the media could also be accessories to murder.”
10. US GOVERNMENT PAID MEDIA COMPANIES MORE THAN $1 BILLION TO PROMOTE COVID VACCINES: Leo Hohmann writes, “In response to a Freedom of Information Act request, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has revealed that it spent more than $1 billion in taxpayer dollars to buy advertising promoting the Covid vaccines from news outlets nationwide — the same media outlets which then provided favorable ‘news’ coverage about the injections.” Outlets receiving the government’s cash included ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, Newsmax, the L.A. Times, and The Washington Post. Hohmann continues, “These same ‘news’ outlets collectively published thousands of articles and video segments regarding the vaccine that were universally promoted as ‘safe and effective.’ Many of them refused letters to the editor or op-eds that provided an alternative perspective on the injections. Social media companies that accepted the government ads were at the same time censoring the posts of users who commented critically on the vaccines.”
Adam Andrzejewski, founder of OpenTheBooks.com, explains how his regular column was terminated from Forbes (upon a complaint from the National Institutes of Health) after he wrote a column exposing Dr. Anthony Fauci as the highest-paid government employee.
11. NEW YORK TIMES CORRESPONDENT ADMITS TRUTH ABOUT JANUARY 6: Project Veritas caught NYT National Security Correspondent Matthew Rosenberg contradicting his own reporting on the supposed January 6 “insurrection.” Below are a few key quotes from Rosenberg:
- “There were a ton of FBI informants amongst the people who attacked the Capitol.”
- “It was like, me and two other colleagues who were there [January 6] outside and we were just having fun!”
- “They were making too big a deal. They were making this an organized thing that it wasn’t.”
- “Will I stand by those comments? Absolutely.”
12. PUTIN WARNS THE WEST: The U.K. Mirror reports, “Sending foreign weapons to Ukraine will lead to a ‘global collapse,’ Russia’s foreign ministry has warned. Sergey Lavrov, Russia’s Foreign Minister, said western powers sending mercenaries and military equipment to the front lines would be a ‘catastrophic development.’” Putin called sanctions imposed by the West “akin to a declaration of war.”
13. WHY ARE PUTIN AND HENRY KISSINGER LONG-TIME FRIENDS? Diana West, author of American Betrayal and The Red Thread, asks, “Speaking of convergence, did you know Kissinger and Putin have been ‘old friends’ for decades, and that since Putin came to power in 2000, Kissinger has been described as a ‘frequent guest in Russia’? That Putin refers to Kissinger as his ‘trusted adviser’? That the diplomatic academy of the Russian Foreign Ministry under Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in 2013 bestowed an honorary doctorate on Kissinger, with Putin congratulating him for having been a ‘global politician all his life’? That in 2014 Kissinger joined Yevgeny Primakov to chair a Russia-US working group?”
14. ISLAM AND UKRAINE: Daniel Greenfield calls Islam “the only winner in the Ukraine war” and writes, “Russia, with a birth rate of 1.5 children per woman, has invaded Ukraine, where the birth rate is 1.2 children per woman, to determine which nation with below replacement birth rates will go extinct the fastest. In the long run, the only winners of the war to determine whether Ukraine will belong to the 1.2 or 1.5 people will be the Chechen and other Muslim soldiers doing the fighting.”
In related news, several Minnesota school districts will now observe Muslim high holy days. Jaylani Hussein, executive director of the Council of American-Muslim Relations-Minnesota, said, “Muslims are no longer a tiny minority. In some districts, they represent a large percentage of Muslims.” Robert Spencer notes, “Al-Qaeda’s official central media has released an issue of its Arabic-language magazine which contains a lengthy article entitled ‘America Burns 3: A Year of Biden’s Rule and a Succession of Setbacks.’”
15. RINOS AND WEAK EVANGELICALS: In a year when Roe v. Wade could potentially be overturned by the U.S. Supreme Court, CPAC leader Matt Schlapp deliberately cut a pro-life panel from this year’s CPAC meeting.
Last fall, NIH director and professed evangelical Dr. Francis Collins spoke at an event hosted by Christianity Today and the Institute of Politics (a far-left organization founded by David Axelrod). Leaked audio of an interview between Collins and evangelical leader Russell Moore found Collins mocking Christians, “[Evangelicals] have forgotten many times that freedom is not just about rights.” Collins also claimed that evangelicals have embraced “the worst aspects of our culture and politics” and are becoming “repositories not of grace but of grievances.”
In his article “Conservatism has Conserved Nothing,” Patrick Casey explains, “The history of conservatism is one of toothless opposition to whatever form of anti-civilizational insanity the left happens to be promoting at a particular point in time. Established figures on the right, be they politicians or pundits, are wont to publicly denounce the left, only to later capitulate to, or adopt outright, the other side’s positions.”
16. NEW BARNA STUDY FINDS THAT ONLY 2% OF PARENTS OF PRE-TEENS HOLD A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW: From the study: “Two-thirds (67%) of pre-teen parents claim to be Christian, but only 2% of all pre-teen parents actually possess a biblical worldview…In fact, the study shows that a majority of today’s parents are Millennials, the adult generation in America least likely to possess a biblical worldview. And according to the research, the younger the parent, the less likely they are to have a biblical worldview.” Only slightly more, 4% of all professing Christians hold a biblical worldview. George Barna commented, “Every parent teaches what they know and models what they believe. They can only give what they have, and what they have to give reflects their driving beliefs about life and spirituality…”
17. NOTEWORTHY STORIES
- Billions of GMO mosquitoes (funded in part by Bill Gates) will soon be released in parts of California and Florida.
- The World Economic Forum reports, “The tax powers of the Biscay province in the Basque region of Spain enable it to do something revolutionary: to become the first local or regional authority to implement fiscal policies that are aligned with the SDGs [Sustainable Development Goals].”
- CDC director Dr. Rochelle Walensky now says that the Covid-19 vaccine science is “gray” rather than “black and white.”
- Breitbart notes, “Businesses in the Canadian capital city of Ottawa say they will keep the Trudeau government’s scrapped vaccine passport system, allocating certain times in which only vaccinated people may enter.”
- Canadian Freedom Convoy organizer Tamara Lich was finally released from jail after 18 days of imprisonment.
THE FREEDOM AGENDA
1. FLORIDA PROTECTS CHILDREN: The Children’s Health Defense notes, “Florida’s surgeon general Dr. Joseph Ladapo…said he will issue guidance formally recommending against COVID-19 vaccines for healthy children, making Florida the first state to break with official guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”
2. 68% OF REPUBLICANS AND ONLY 40% OF DEMOCRATS WOULD FIGHT IF AMERICA WERE INVADED: Newsmax reported, Among Republicans surveyed, 68% said they would stay and fight compared to 40% of Democrats. 52% of Democrats said they would flee the country, while only 25% of Republicans said the same. A majority of overall respondents, 55%, said they would stay and fight, with only 38% saying they would leave the country.”
3. KANSAS HEALTH AGENCY STOPS AIRING COVID-19 ADVERTISEMENTS: The Topeka Capital-Journal reported, “The Kansas health agency stopped airing television advertisements promoting the COVID-19 vaccine after some Republican lawmakers took issue with calling the shots safe and effective.”
4. AMERICA’S FRONTLINE DOCTORS SUE THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT: According to The New American, “America’s Frontline Doctors, a group of medical professionals who work to promote early COVID-19 treatments and to expose the influence of pharmaceutical companies on federal decision-making, is suing the U.S. government over the COVID vaccination campaign. The latter is called by the plaintiffs’ the greatest fraud in the history of the world.’”
5. ARKANSAS COUNTY PASSES PRO-LIFE RESOLUTION: Life News reports, “The Newton County Quorum Court…passed a resolution affirming that the Newton County is Pro-Life. Newton County joins a growing list of communities in Arkansas that have publicly taken a pro-life position.”
6. EXPLORER ERNEST SHACKLETON’S SHIP, ENDURANCE, FOUND: Not The Bee reports, “In 1915, Earnest Shackleton’s ship, Endurance, was crushed by the ice while Shackleton and his crew were attempting to be the first to cross Antarctica by land. The ship was abandoned and the crew continued in smaller boats – making a historic journey across Antarctica to the remote Elephant Island before fashioning a lifeboat for Shackleton and several others to sail hundreds of miles for help. But this past Saturday, on the 100th Anniversary of Shackleton’s funeral, the ship Endurance was discovered 3,008 meters deep in the Weddell Sea in almost perfectly preserved condition.”
7. GUATEMALA BANS ABORTION AND HOMOSEXUAL “MARRIAGE”: Evangelical Focus reports, “The legislation seeks to protect life, the family and the institution of marriage between men and women, as well as freedom of conscience and expression and the right of parents to educate and guide their children in the sexual sphere.”
8. PEOPLE’S CONVOY CIRCLES WASHINGTON, D.C.: The Washington Examiner reports, “The People’s Convoy circled Washington, DC twice on Sunday, trying to slow traffic, and planned to make the effort again on Monday…Supporters crowded onto overpasses, waving at the convoy and holding signs and American flags. Within the convoy, there were tractor-trailers with horns blaring and some recreational vehicles and pickup trucks occasionally going by, mixed with the normal traffic on Interstate 495 in Silver Springs, Maryland.”
9. THE ENERGY FREEDOM ACT: U.S. Senator Ted Cruz has introduced the Energy Freedom Act. The goal of the bill is “to make America energy independent again by accelerating federal permitting for energy projects and pipelines, and mandating new onshore and offshore oil and gas lease sales.” Cruz wants to “put a stop to the Biden administration’s sabotage of the American energy industry.”
10. FLORIDA TO PASS STRONG ELECTION INTEGRITY LEGISLATION: The Florida House and Senate passed a voting law package that includes a provision to create a new state office to prevent and investigate election crimes. The Epoch Times calls the bill “one of the first of its kind in the country.”
HYMN OF THE WEEK
Faith Is the Victory by John H Yates
Encamped along the hills of light,
Ye Christian soldiers rise!
And press the battle ere the night
Shall veil the glowing skies.
Against the foe, in vales below,
Let all our strength be hurled!
Faith is the victory, we know,
That overcomes the world!
Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
Oh, glorious victory,
That overcomes the world!
His banner over us is love;
Our sword the Word of God!
We tread the road the saints above
With shouts of triumph trod.
By faith, they like a whirlwind’s breath,
Swept on o’er every field!
The faith by which they conquered death
Is still our shining shield.
On every hand the foe we find
Drawn up in dread array.
Let tents of ease be left behind,
And onward to the fray!
Salvation’s helmet on each head,
With truth all girt about:
The earth shall tremble ’neath our tread,
And echo with our shout.
To him that overcomes the foe,
White raiment shall be giv’n!
Before the angels he shall know
His name confessed in heav’n.
Then onward from the hills of light,
Our hearts with love aflame,
We’ll vanquish all the hosts of night,
In Jesus’ conqu’ring name.
Faith is the victory!
Faith is the victory!
Oh, glorious victory,
That overcomes the world!