Because Thomas Jefferson understood that freedom demands education, he asserted, “An informed populace is not easily enslaved.” But knowledge alone is insufficient. As Winston Churchill once said, “Without courage, all other virtues lose their meaning.” Yet where does true courage come from? Daniel said, “The people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits” (Daniel 11:32).
Together, knowledge and courage enable informed, organized, decisive action. Will we commit to both today?
1. RUSH LIMBAUGH DIES OF LUNG CANCER: On February 17, 2021, Rush Limbaugh passed away of lung cancer, at 70 years of age. According to Talkers Magazine, Limbaugh had 15 million unique listeners each week (the nation’s largest audience). During last year’s State of the Union Address, President Trump awarded Limbaugh the nation’s highest honor, the Presidential Medal of Freedom, for Limbaugh’s significant contribution to liberty.
Sometime after being diagnosed with cancer, Rush told his listeners about his relationship with Christ. “I mentioned at the outset of this, the first day I told you that I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is of immense value, strength, confidence. And that’s why I’m able to remain fully committed to the idea that what is supposed to happen will happen when it’s meant to. There’s some comfort in knowing that some things are not in our hands. It’s a lot of fear associated with that too. But there is some comfort to be able to trust and to believe in a higher plan.”
The Wall Street Journal editorial board described Limbaugh’s massive influence this way: “By the 1992 presidential campaign, the radio star’s first name was known across the U.S. Limbaugh, whose show ran on weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. East Coast time, was invaluable to the conservative movement in the 1990s. He would spend an hour explaining supply-side tax policy or making the case for deregulation. Millions of Americans had never heard a coherent argument against the welfare state or Roe v. Wade until they tuned in to Limbaugh’s show. He played an enormous role in popularizing conservative ideas and policies.”
2. CANADIAN PASTOR GOES TO JAIL OVER KEEPING CHURCH OPEN: What is supposed to only happen in Communist countries has occurred in North America. According to Global News, Pastor James Coates, of GraceLife Church, in Edmonton, Canada, has been arrested for opening his church against draconian Covid restrictions. Coate’s lawyer, James Kitchen of the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedom, had this to say, “The congregants of Grace Life refuse to accept the Alberta Government’s dystopian ‘new normal.’ Their first loyalty is to obey their God, not government…Governments never destroy civil liberties without pointing to some reason that sounds good, such as ‘safety’ or ‘equality.’” You can read the church’s powerful statement here. Please be in prayer for the church, for Pastor Coates, and for his family.
3. SENATE ACQUITS TRUMP IN IMPEACHMENT TRIAL: Seven Republican Senators voted with the Democrats to convict Trump, most of whom are now facing censure from their own state parties. The Senators who voted to convict were Richard Burr of North Carolina, Bill Cassidy of Louisiana, Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Mitt Romney of Utah, Ben Sasse of Nebraska, and Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania.
4. BIDEN’S RADICAL DECREES AND POLICIES: Biden has already signed a record 56 executive orders (read all 56 here). Democrats recently introduced two devastating bills. (1) A radical immigration bill would, among other things, grant a pathway to citizenship (amnesty) for all illegals (11 million by officials counts, but probably millions more) in the US. (2) The Equality Act, which Biden vowed to pass in his first 100 days, would be deadly to religious freedom, as the Alliance Defending Freedom explains.
5. GLOBALIST BILL GATES RELEASES NEW BOOK – “HOW TO AVOID A CLIMATE DISASTER”: The same man who advocates for synthetic beef and is gobbling up thousands of acres of farmland believes he has a plan for saving the planet. After releasing his new book, Gates tweeted, “To avoid a climate disaster, we need to eliminate emissions from the ways we create electricity, grow food, make things, move around, and heat and cool our buildings. It won’t be easy, but I believe we can do it. This book is about what it will take.” Wired has called Gates “The man to save the world.”
6. PELOSI ANNOUNCES 9/11 STYLE COMMISSION AIMED AT CONSERVATIVES: Pelosi has announced an “independent” commission to review the “facts and causes” related to the January 6 Capitol breach. Democratic California Rep. Eric Swalwell believes that the Department of Justice will need “a white nationalism task force to make sure that they’re understanding at the earliest of ages how people are being radicalized if there are in fact training camps.”
7. MARXIST REVOLUTION CONTINUES: The Marxist China-linked Freedom Road Socialist Organization, which instigated many of the Floyd riots, sees their work as far from over. They recently tweeted, “Wherever @POTUS goes, we will be demanding important demands for the people. We must continue to organize towards liberation and for socialist revolution!”
8. HARRIS ACTING AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF: Kamala Harris has already made numerous calls to world leaders, including Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emmanuel Macron. Could this be related to Biden’s 7 p.m. bedtime, as revealed by CNN?
9. PHILADELPHIA FIFTH GRADERS HOLD BLACK POWER RALLY: As part of Black History Month, Philadelphia teachers are openly indoctrinating children in Communist ideals. Christopher Rufo reported, “As part of the lesson, the teacher asked students to ‘describe Davis’ early life,’ reflect on her vision of social change, and ‘define communist’ — presumably in favorable terms.” The lesson ended with students participating in a simulated black power rally to “free Angela Davis” from prison.
As another example of woke education, Portland Community College is hiring a “culturally responsive” chemistry instructor whose primary responsibility is not chemistry but developing a “culturally responsive curriculum.”
10. VACCINE PASSPORTS ACCELERATE: Israel and Greece have designed a tourism agreement allowing vaccinated people to travel freely between the two countries.
The New York Times recently wrote, “A new term has entered the vocabulary among governments and in the travel industry: vaccine passport. In the near future, travel may require proof that passengers have been vaccinated or tested negative for the coronavirus.” According to CBS News travel editor, Peter Greenberg, “It will be required. The real question is what technology will be available to create a universally acceptable and universally readable document that can’t be forged.”
Newly minted transportation secretary Pete Buttigieg (the son of a Communist) thinks the government should consider mandating these vaccine passports, even for domestic flights.
11. COVID CASES ARE SUSPICIOUSLY PLUMMETING, BUT COVID IS HERE TO STAY: According to NPR’s tracker, Covid cases have been trending downward 43.7% the past two weeks, while deaths have dropped 32.3%. Suspiciously, on January 20, the World Health Organization released a report admitting that Covid PCR tests overestimate the number of false positives CDC new definition.
However, globalists, Pharma companies, Big Tech, and governments have no interest in letting the crisis quickly pass. As the Wall Street Journal noted, “As Covid-19 Vaccines Raise Hope, Cold Reality Dawns That Illness Is Likely Here to Stay.”
12. VACCINE DEATHS AND VACCINE REFUSALS: A sister of one individual we know was perfectly healthy mother of two, at 44 years old, but died within 24 hours of receiving the Covid vaccine. According to the UK government, 244 people, including eight unborn babies, have died shortly after received a Covid vaccine. On a positive note, 1/3 of US troops are refusing the jab, while Montana’s governor has lifted that state’s mask mandate.
13. NEW YORK GOVERNOR ANDREW CUOMO IN HOT WATER OVER NURSING HOME DISASTER: Several weeks ago, New York State Attorney General Letitia James found that New York underreported nursing home deaths by at least 50%. In response, Cuomo appallingly replied, “Who cares,” if they died in a home or a hospital? “They died.” In March 2020, Governor Cuomo forced nursing homes to take in Covid patients, likely causing needless deaths. Now, even the mainstream media and leading Democrats (including Bill De Blasio) have turned on Cuomo.
14. 62% OF AMERICANS WANT A THIRD PARTY: According to a Gallup poll, 62% of U.S. adults want a third party. The poll also found 50% of Americans identifying as independents, the highest on record.
15. GAB CEO ENCOURAGES CHRISTIANS TO “BUILD THEIR OWN ECONOMY”: Gab CEO Andrew Torba, a committed Christian, believes that Christians need to become more strategic. “At this point we have no choice but to ‘build our own’ everything. That starts by supporting those who are already building and share our values. It’s not about simply building our own social networking platforms anymore, it’s about building our own Christian economy.” You can read the full article here or in our recommended articles section.
On a related note, Parler has returned, demonstrating Big Tech’s failure to achieve full monopoly.
16. SOUTH CAROLINA STANDS FOR UNBORN: South Carolina Governor Henry McMaster has signed a fetal heartbeat bill into law, prompting a lawsuit from Planned Parenthood. Georgia, Missouri, Louisiana, Tennessee, Ohio, Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Mississippi, and North Dakota have all passed such laws, all of which have sadly subsequently been struck down by courts.
17. MISSOURI STANDS FOR SECOND AMENDMENT: Missouri is set to pass a bill that would declare “null and void” federal laws infringing on the Second Amendment, with severe penalties for federal enforcers. “We want to cause a reason for law enforcement to have a healthy pause before they might infringe on the Second Amendment rights of Missouri citizens,” said State Senator Brian Nieves.
18. HYMN OF THE WEEK
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father.
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not.
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon, and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy, and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide,
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow;
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!