We often lack the perspective to see how God uses seemingly bad situations to fulfill His purposes. The Bible records the story of Joseph, who was taken from his family and sold into Egypt by his jealous brothers at the age of 17. Joseph ultimately became second-in-command to one of the most powerful rulers of his day, Pharoah, and was used by God to preserve the lives of the Egyptians and of the very brothers who had betrayed him. Genesis 50:20 recounts Joseph’s words to those brothers: “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”
Is God causing the evil plans of the left to backfire on them? This week’s Behind the Scenes video explains how some of the very issues the left has used to destroy America over the past six years have instead awakened millions of previously complacent Americans.
Americans have many things to be grateful for this July 4. Most of all, we must thank a merciful God who can use for good what man intends for evil.
1. LEFTISTS UNHINGED AFTER OVERTURN OF ROE V. WADE: Joe Biden called Roe v. Wade “a decision with broad national consensus that most Americans of faith and backgrounds found acceptable.” (Here is the transcript of Biden’s 12-minute post-Roe speech.) Abortion-worshipping leftists are now calling baby murder a sacred right. “The right to have an abortion is sacred,” said New York Attorney General Letitia James (D). Hillary Clinton claimed, “Most Americans believe the decision to have a child is one of the most sacred decisions there is.”
Defense Secretary General Lloyd Austin said the Pentagon is working to ensure that the military has access to “reproductive health care.” Attorney General Merrick Garland lamented the decision and proclaimed, “The Justice Department will work tirelessly to protect and advance reproductive freedom.”
The leftist governors of California, Oregon, and Washington are forming an “abortion alliance” to promote the murder of the unborn. Senator Elizabeth Warren suggested that the Biden Administration “declare a medical emergency” and set up Planned Parenthood outposts on the edge of national parks to murder babies via abortion. Joshua Arnold details, “10 Ways the Left Wants to Expand Abortion Post-Roe.” In Canada, Justin Trudeau’s Liberal government is moving to strip pro-life pregnancy centers of their charitable tax status.
Protestors are preparing to target the homes of Justices Brett Kavanaugh, Amy Coney Barrett, Samuel Alito, John Roberts, and Neil Gorsuch. A Christian pregnancy clinic in Colorado suffered an arson attack.
George Soros’s Open Society Foundations responded to the ruling: “The U.S. Supreme Court’s decision today to overturn Roe v. Wade…is an assault on women’s rights, human rights, and democracy that will have a damaging impact around the world.” The Soros-funded Brennan Center said that the “constitutional theory” of “originalism” was to blame. Democratic Socialists of America opined, “The far right wing of the Supreme Court, most of whom were appointed by a President who lost the popular vote, has demonstrated beyond all debate that the Court is an illegitimate institution, flouting the will of the people.” Black Lives Matter declared, “It is the courts that are illegitimate. It is the court that is advancing a deeply regressive view of freedom.”
2. INSURRECTION IN ARIZONA: Following the overturning of Roe v. Wade, a violent mob attacked the Arizona State Capitol. Thankfully, law enforcement protected the legislators. Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake tweeted, “The left is showing everyone what a REAL ‘Insurrection’ looks like right now in Downtown Phoenix. This is domestic terrorism. The Arizona national guard should have been deployed hours ago.” State Senator Kelly Townsend tweeted, “In America today, there is one set of rules for Leftists and another one for those who dissent from the Left’s agenda, and nothing is more certain than that these violent thugs will face no consequences whatsoever for their actions.”
As further proof of this double standard, a Twitter user who threatened, “I’m going to assassinate Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas” was not censored, but a doctor who shared an Israeli study suggesting that Pfizer’s Covid vaccine leads to lower sperm counts was censored.
3. 56 COMPANIES GO ALL OUT FOR BABY MURDER: The Washington Stand reports that 56 major companies, including those pictured above, have announced company funding for employee abortions.
Ed. Note: We apologize that the graphic above isn’t better quality, but a picture is still worth a thousand words. Michelle Malkin writes, “No one is fooled by Big Business leaders wrapping themselves in ‘My Body, My Choice’ rhetoric…Never forget: The companies who ruthlessly cracked down on maskless autistic toddlers and senior citizens on respirators—the same ones who threatened, punished, and fired vaccine objectors en masse—are now preening loudly about their ‘culture of care,’ ‘equity,’ and commitment to sacred health care’ rights.’”
4. VACCINE CASUALTIES, BY THE NUMBERS: The latest survey conducted by Pollfish on behalf of Dr. Steve Kirsch’s Vaccine Safety Research Foundation reports alarming results. Dr. Kirsch summarizes the findings:
- 6.6% rate of heart injury (10M+ Americans).
- 2.7% unable to work after being vaccinated (5M+ Americans).
- 6.3% had to be hospitalized (10M+ Americans).
- Individuals were more likely to die from Covid if they had taken the vaccine.
- Almost as many (77.4%) households lost someone from the vaccines as from COVID…around 750,000 people died from the vaccine, with a 95% confidence of at least 600,000 deaths.
On the positive side, the survey found that only 34% of Americans are taking two doses of the vaccine.
Dr. Joseph Mercola explains why corrupt Big Pharma companies are desperate to get these deadly Covid vaccines on the childhood vaccination schedule before the “emergency” ends: “Once the vaccine is on the childhood vaccination schedule, the vaccine makers are permanently shielded from liability for injuries and deaths that occur in any age group, including adults.”
5. BIDEN SIGNS RINO-SUPPORTED GUN CONTROL BILL: Joe Biden signed the “Bipartisan Safety Communities Act” into law after it passed the Senate (with the support of 15 GOP Senators) and the House (with the support of 14 GOP Representatives). Last week, Senator Rand Paul said that no one had time to even read the legislation because it was “assembled in secret.” See last week’s brief for the list of Senators.
Here are the 14 Republican U.S. Representatives who voted to restrict your Second Amendment rights: Steve Chabot (OH), Liz Cheney (WY), Brian Fitzpatrick (PA.), Tony Gonzales (TX), Anthony Gonzalez (OH), Christopher Jacobs (NY), David Joyce (OH), John Katko (NY), Adam Kinzinger (IL), Peter Meijer (MI), Tom Rice (SC), Maria Elvira Salazar (FL), Michael Turner (OH), and Fred Upton (MI).
6. NUMBER OF YOUNG TRANSGENDERS DOUBLES: In 2017, 0.7%, of 13 to 24-year-olds in the U.S. called themselves transgender. A new study found that 1.4% of 13 to 17-year-olds and 1.3% of 18 to 24-year-olds now identify as transgender. A British man is suing the U.K.’s National Health Service for performing a body-altering transgender surgery on him without considering his mental illness.
7. G7 HOLDS 48TH SUMMIT: The leaders of the European Union and seven countries (the United States, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, and the United Kingdom) met for the 48th G7 Summit in Germany to discuss “game-changing projects to close the infrastructure gap in developing countries, strengthen the global economy and supply chains, and advance U.S. national security.” The New American notes, “Not surprisingly, the projects all lead to more global authority and less national sovereignty.” G7 leaders proposed a $600 billion project ($200 billion to be paid by U.S. taxpayers) to counter China’s Belt and Road Initiative.
8. U.N. HEAD WARNS OF “EVEN WORSE” FOOD SHORTAGES IN 2023: “There is a real risk that multiple famines will be declared in 2022,” said U.N. head Antonio Guterres. “And 2023 could be even worse.” The Netherlands may face its own contrived food shortage, after the nation’s highest court ordered it to cull 30% of its livestock to save the planet, in compliance with an EU law that demands the reduction of nitrogen gas.
9. GERMANY FACES LONG-TERM GAS SUPPLY SHORTAGES: Russia cut natural gas imports to Germany after the country refused to pay for gas in Russian rubles. Economy Minister Robert Habeck said Germany will move to “stage two” of its emergency gas plan and warned that supplies could be “really tight in winter.” In the United States, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg is dealing with America’s energy crisis by launching a $1 billion pilot plan to ensure “racial equity” in America’s roads.
10. CALIFORNIA OFFERS FOOD STAMPS AND FREE HEALTH CARE TO ILLEGALS: The state’s Medicare program will soon fully cover 700,000 illegals ages 26-49, making California the first state to offer free health care to illegal aliens. California will also become the first state to remove “xenophobic exclusions” to the “state’s safety net” by offering food stamps to illegals aged 55 and older.
11. SUPREME COURT STRIKES DOWN TRUMP’S “REMAIN IN MEXICO” POLICY: The Biden Administration had already been largely ignoring the Trump policy. But the Supreme Court allowed the Biden Administration to end the “Remain in Mexico” policy that had required illegals to wait in Mexico before their court hearings rather than waiting in the United States, where many of them skipped their hearings. “Conservative” justices John Roberts and Brett Kavanaugh sided with the three liberal justices.
Ed. Note: States (especially Texas and Arizona) must move to declare an “invasion” and secure the borders on their own. For more, see “How States Can Secure the Border.”
12. U.S. HOUSE WANTS FEDERAL RESERVE TO PROMOTE “RACIAL AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE”: The U.S. House passed the “Racial and Economic Equity Act,” which would amend the 1913 Federal Reserve Act and require the Federal Reserve to promote “racial and economic justice.”
Ed. Note: The Federal Reserve is a private bank, an enemy of freedom and private property and should be abolished. Karl Marx’s 5th plank advocated for “Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.” In his book, “The Creature From Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve,” G. Edward Griffin documents how the leading “competitors” in banking conspired together to establish the Federal Reserve in order to increase their wealth and power.
13. EU APPROVES VACCINE PASSPORT FOR ANOTHER YEAR: The European Parliament voted 453 to 119 to renew the EU Digital Covid Certificate for another year. Prior to the agreement, the European Commission solicited feedback via a survey. Almost all of the 385,000 responses were opposed to renewing the certificate. French member of the parliament Virginie Joron wrote, “I read hundreds of responses at random with my team. I did not find any in favor of extending the QR code [i.e., the digital certificate]. Based on this large survey, it seems obvious that virtually all the responses were negative.”
14. WHY HAS MILITARY RECRUITMENT PLUMMETED? NBC eports, “Every branch of the U.S. military is struggling to meet its fiscal year 2022 recruiting goals, say multiple U.S. military and defense officials, and numbers obtained by NBC News show both a record low percentage of young Americans eligible to serve and an even tinier fraction willing to consider it.” This “is the year we question the sustainability of the all-volunteer force,” said one expert, hinting at a return of the draft. Here are a few possible reasons why Americans may be less likely to sign up:
- The military’s tyrannical vaccine mandates and its denial of most religious or medical exemptions.
- The military’s feverish rush to embrace Critical Race Theory, LGBTQ ideology, and every aspect of the woke agenda.
- The high levels of obesity and low levels of fitness in America today.
15. NOTEWORTHY STORIES:
- After a long battle with cancer, Dr. Vladimir “Zev” Zelenko, creator of the “Zelenko Protocol,” passed away.
- Project Veritas published audio of Democrat U.S. Senate candidate and current South Carolina State Representative Krystal Matthews endorsing leftists running as Republicans, recommending using drug money and supporting other dirty campaign tricks.
- Former U.S. Senate sergeant-at-arms Michael Stenger, who was in charge of security on January 6, 2021, died on Monday, right before he was scheduled to appear for the January 6 hearings.
- Cornell University removed a bust of President Abraham Lincoln in front of a bronzed Gettysburg Address plaque. “Someone complained, and it was gone,” said biology Professor Randy Wayne.
- After a two-decade-long legal battle, William Yates Hazlehurst (“Yates”) became the first vaccine-injured individual with autism to make it to a jury since the passing of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Compensation Act of 1986 (the Vaccine Act).
- Dr. Anthony Fauci is experiencing more Covid-19 symptoms after taking Pfizer’s taxpayer-funded Paxlovid antiviral pill.
- Ghislaine Maxwell has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for her role in the Epstein trafficking network. However, none of Epstein’s clients are being exposed or prosecuted. Last month, Elon Musk said that the “only thing more remarkable than DOJ not leaking the list is that no one in the media cares. Doesn’t that seem odd?”
- Nation members of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) want to create a new global reserve currency and are developing alternative payment mechanisms that are not dependent on the Western financial system.
THE FREEDOM AGENDA
1. MORE ABORTION BANS GO INTO EFFECT: Missouri became the first state to outlaw abortion following the Dobbs decision. Other abortion bans are taking effect across the United States, although some are still held up in the courts. Life Site News reports, “Since Friday morning, clinics have ceased abortions in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.” See here for an updated list.
2. MORE RESPONSES TO THE OVERTURNING OF ROE V. WADE: Former President Donald Trump said, “Today’s decision, which is the biggest WIN for LIFE in a generation, along with other decisions that have been announced recently, were only made possible because I delivered everything as promised, including nominating and getting three highly respected and strong Constitutionalists confirmed to the United States Supreme Court.” “The prayers of millions have been answered,” said Florida Governor Ron DeSantis.
Erin Hawley of the Alliance Defending Freedom said, “There is not, and has never been, a constitutional right to take the life of an innocent, unborn child.” Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said, “While we are grateful that the tyranny of Roe has ended, we are mindful of the solemnity of this moment: What the Court has done is an act of repentance out of which we bring forth the fruit of repentance, rebuilding a culture of life in America.”
3. SUPREME COURT UPHOLDS RELIGIOUS LIBERTY: In Kennedy v. Bremerton School District, the Court ruled 6-3 to uphold the constitutional right of a high school coach to pray in public view after games. Coach Kennedy wrote, “I simply could not give up my fight to compromise the commitment I made to God, and keep their respect on the field. I had to keep fighting.” Kelly Shackelford of First Liberty, the group that represented Kennedy, said, “This is a tremendous victory for Coach Kennedy and religious liberty for all Americans. Our Constitution protects the right of every American to engage in private religious expression, including praying in public, without fear of getting fired.”
4. SUPREME COURT RULES AGAINST EPA CLIMATE CHANGE EFFORTS: In a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court ruled against the EPA’s efforts to implement climate policy and set emissions limits for power plants. Russ Vought of the Center for Renewing America called the decision “A big win for those who want to dismantle the administrative state.” The majority opinion said that “a decision of such magnitude and consequence rests with Congress itself, or an agency acting pursuant to a clear delegation from that representative body.”
5. DESANTIS TO INVESTIGATE HUMAN TRAFFICKING AND SANCTUARY CITIES: Human Events reports, “The Florida Supreme Court ruled on Wednesday that it would grant Governor Ron DeSantis his request for a grand jury to probe human trafficking and sanctuary cities that aid and abet coyotes.” Governor DeSantis responded to the ruling: “We aren’t a border state. People are wondering, ‘Why are you doing this?’ People will say, ‘Let Texas or Arizona worry about that.’ Let me tell you, people trying to come in illegally are trying to get to Florida.” DeSantis concluded, “Florida is not a sanctuary state, and our social programs are designed to serve the citizens of our state. The governor will protect the sovereignty of the state of Florida.”
6. ONE MILLION NEW REPUBLICANS: Over one million voters have switched to the Republican Party in the past year. One former Democrat voter and Colorado resident, Jessica Kroells, explained why she quit voting for the Democrats in 2016: “The party itself is no longer Democrat; it’s progressive socialism.”
7. MISSOURI ENACTS NEW VOTING LAW: The new law requires photo ID for voting, abolishes ballot drop boxes for absentee ballots, and replaces the state’s presidential primary system with a caucus system.
8. MAINSTREAM MEDIA LOSING TRUST: The Digital News Report from Reuters Institute and the University of Oxford found that trust has declined in “almost half of the countries” surveyed. An average of 42% of individuals say they trust the news most of the time. The United States remains the lowest on the list, after trust fell another three percentage points, to 26% of the population that trust the news most of the time. Breitbart’s John Nolte commented, “We’re never going to put the corporate media out of business. But. One thing we can do, using the truth, is expose these outlets as the fascist liars they are, which erodes their moral authority, which eliminates their ability to sway public opinion.”
9. ARIZONA BILL BREAKS GOVERNMENT SCHOOL MONOPOLY ON PUBLIC FUNDS: Life Site News reports, “Arizona passed a bill on Friday which enables the state’s families to use public funds to send their K-12 children to schools of their choosing, including private, religious and homeschool options. Beginning in the 2022-2023 school year, families who opt out of public education may receive up to $6,500 a year, per child, towards whatever school or curriculum they choose.”
Ed. Note: It is not the constitutional role of government to fund schooling. Karl Marx’s 10th Communist plank stated, “Free Education for All Children in Public Schools.” Nonetheless, we believe this bill is an important first step in returning authority to parents, breaking the public schools’ monopoly on public funds, and forcing failing and corrupt public schools to compete on the same level as private institutions.
10. PARENTS REJECT SHOTS FOR TOTS: Vaccine centers in New York City and around the country saw far fewer parents bring in their children for the Covid jab than expected. Political commentator Kim Iverson noted, “There’s a problem. Parents don’t seem to want it. News outlets across the country have been reporting about low turnout and empty centers.” Publix Supermarkets have refused to offer vaccinations for children under 5 in over 1,200 U.S. stores.
11. LAST SURVIVING WWII MEDAL OF HONOR RECIPIENT DIES: Hershel “Woody” Williams has died, at the age of 98. CBS reports, “As a young Marine corporal, Williams went ahead of his unit in February 1945 and eliminated a series of Japanese machine gun positions. Later that year, at age 22, Williams received the Medal of Honor, the nation’s highest award for military valor, from President Harry Truman at the White House.”
12. 100,000 SPANIARDS MARCH FOR LIFE: Over 100,000 joined Spain’s March for Life in Madrid, Spain. Baby murder via abortion is legal up to 14 weeks of pregnancy in Spain. The country’s Congress wants to pass a bill to allow girls as young as 16 to obtain an abortion without parental consent or knowledge. Fernández de la Cigoña said, “You cannot decide who lives and who dies or push society to do so. Because every life matters.”
13. PASTOR URGES CHRISTIANS TO OFFER HOPE: Pastor John Hagee of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, Texas, celebrated the end of Roe v. Wade and stated, “It is contradictory to Jesus’ message of love to those in need to simply celebrate the Supreme Court’s decision of Dobbs vs. Jackson’s Women’s Health Organization and call it a day. What is the Christian answer to the unwanted pregnancy? And the answer is hope. We must provide hope and opportunity for every woman in crisis. This is why, well before the recent Supreme Court decision, our ministry invested tens of millions of dollars to produce a state-of-the-art facility called the Sanctuary of Hope.”
HYMN OF THE WEEK
My Country ‘Tis of Thee by Samuel Francis Smith
My country tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing!
Land where my fathers died!
Land of the Pilgrim’s pride!
From every mountain side,
Let freedom ring!
My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love!
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture fills
Like that above!
Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom’s song!
Let mortal tongues awake!
Let all that breathe partake!
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.
Our father’s God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing!
Long may our land be bright
With freedom’s holy light!
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God, our King!