Ephesians 5:17 says, “See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise redeeming the time because the days are evil. Wherefore, be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.” It’s easy to become distracted or to let the time slip away from us in our digitally-centered information-oriented world.
Redeeming the time requires that we constantly reevaluate how well we are stewarding our most important God-given asset. What excess information or activities should we cut from our lives? What priorities should we allocate more focus to? Today’s video interview seeks in part to apply this truth to the world of news, but we can redeem the time in every area of life.
1. ONE YEAR SINCE COVID-19 DECLARED A PANDEMIC BY THE WHO: On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared Covid-19 to be a pandemic. As we know, Covid-19 became the catalyst for one of the greatest assaults on freedom in human history.
2. MERRICK GARLAND SWORN IN AS ATTORNEY GENERAL: In a vote which included 20 Republican Senators, including Mitch McConnell, the Senate confirmed Merrick Garland as Attorney General. Along with FBI head Christopher Wray, Garland will seek to accelerate the war on “domestic terrorism” within the Department of Justice. In his earlier confirmation hearing, Garland made it clear that Antifa and BLM attacks on courthouses did not constitute “domestic terrorism,” while the January 6 “right-wing Capitol breach” did.
3. REPUBLICAN PARTY TO KEEP TRUMP’S NAME ON LETTERS, DESPITE TRUMP’S REQUEST: In a cease and desist letter, Donald Trump asked the Republican Party Central Committee to stop using his name on fundraising letters. Disregarding Trump’s request, the party continued. Trump shot back, “No more money for RINOS. They do nothing but hurt the Republican Party and our great voting base—they will never lead us to Greatness. Send your donation to Save America PAC at Donald JTrump.com. We will bring it all back stronger than ever before!”
4. CNN AND CDC SAY ONLY THE VAXXED CAN BE FREE: In a shocking article, entitled “Vaccinated Americans Allowed to Taste Freedom,” CNN touted an announcement from the CDC spelling out what you can do now if you’re vaccinated. However, for those who haven’t taken the vaccine, CNN said, “The glimpse of post-vaccination liberation could offer a new incentive to buckle down with social distancing and masking for just a few months longer,” and perhaps “also encourage vaccine skeptics to step forward to help create the herd immunity in the population needed to stop Covid-19 spreading.”
5. BIDEN ENCOURAGES AMERICANS TO DO THEIR PART: In his primetime address to the nation, Biden promised that Americans might be able to celebrate on July 4, if they get vaccinated. “If we do our part… by July 4, there’s a good chance you, your families, and friends will be able to get together in your backyard or in your neighborhood and have a cookout or a barbecue and celebrate Independence Day… Small groups will be able to get together.”
6. VACCINE PASSPORTS TESTED IN THE US: “The Excelsior Pass” was tested for the second time at the New York Rangers Baseball Game at Madison Square Garden in New York City. According to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, “The Excelsior Pass will play a critical role in getting information to venues and sites in a secure and streamlined way, allowing us to fast-track the reopening of these businesses and getting us one step closer to reaching a new normal.”
7. CHINA WANTS WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION TO ORGANIZE GLOBAL VACCINE PASSPORT: China has already launched its own domestic vaccine passport. The CCP’s propaganda paper, The Global Times, reported that China wants the WHO to organize a global system while China builds the technology. “In terms of technology, I believe that Chinese companies can build an international platform in just one week, but it is better that the WHO, rather than any country or regional organization, be the organizer to ensure the independence, fairness, and data security of the platform,” said Xiang Ligang, Director-General of the Beijing-based Information Consumption Alliance.
8. ELECTION “REFORMS” IN HONG KONG AND THE US: China’s “parliament” passed a law to “improve elections in Hong Kong so that only “patriots” will be elected. In the US, the Supreme Court dismissed the last three Trump election cases, while Biden signed an executive order to make it easier for criminals to vote.
9. CDC REPORTS 1,381 VACCINE RELATED DEATHS – The CDC’s updated “Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)” has reported 1,381 accounts of deaths after receiving the vaccine. The Epoch Times tells the tragic story of a healthy 39-year-old single mother who died four days after taking the second Moderna shot.
10. NEW CDC REPORT ADMITS THAT MASKS BARELY DECREASED COVID GROWTH RATES: According to the CDC, mask mandates were in effect in 2,313 of the 3,142 US counties between March 1 and December 31 of 2020. However, the CDC’s recent study found that these mask mandates only decreased Covid cases by a mere 1.32%!
11. MASK BURNING AND ANTI-LOCKDOWN MARCH: Parents and children participated in a public mask burning outside the Idaho Capitol building in Boise. One of them held a sign with the famous quote from Benjamin Franklin, “Those who give up liberty to purchase safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” In Austria, 15,000 people assembled in an anti-lockdown march.
12. WOKE EDUCATION AGENDA UNHINGED: A New York City School is telling students to stop using the phrases “Mom and “Dad,” replacing them with “folks,” “family,” or “guardians.” Also, a prestigious prep school in New York instructed students to call Newton’s Laws of Motion the “Three Fundamental Laws of Physics” in order to “de-center whiteness.” For decades, education control through the schools has been a critical part of the Marxist strategy to indoctrinate the young.
13. RADICAL LEGISLATION WATCH: Biden’s executive orders and Democratic legislative proposals are Marxist, something the left will not openly admit. The House passed two gun laws which would massively expand background checks for gun purchases. Another disastrous bill, the PRO Act, passed the House. This bill would strengthen unions while potentially eliminating numerous independent contractors, including freelance writers, tutors, music teachers, real estate agents, physical therapists, truckers, doctors, lawyers, and hairdressers.
14. MORE STATES OPEN UP: Following Texas and Mississippi, Wyoming has announced an end to its mask mandate and lockdown, while Arizona and West Virginia will lift Covid restrictions on businesses.
15. SOUTH DAKOTA STANDS AGAINST GENDER CONFUSION: Governor Kristi Noem has signed a bill that would ban “transgender” students from competing on girl’s sports teams in public schools. Governor Noem has been one of the most courageous Governors to stand against Covid tyranny, as her state was the only state in the US not to enact a lockdown. Noem said in her CPAC speech, “Covid didn’t crush the economy. Government crushed the economy.”
16. HYMN OF THE WEEK:
BE THOU MY VISION BY DALLAIN FORGAIL
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Nought be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.
Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.
Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.
High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.