Winston Churchill, who led his country through the dark days of World War II, once said, “Without courage, all other virtues lose their meaning.” Responding to those who despaired that they had been born in such grim times, Churchill stated, “Do not let us speak of darker days; let us speak rather of sterner days. These are not dark days: these are great days—the greatest days our country has ever lived; and we must all thank God that we have been allowed, each of us according to our stations, to play a part in making these days memorable in the history of our race.”
Like Churchill, may we understand that difficulty, no matter how great, requires grateful perspective coupled with courageous action.
1. TEXAS WINS FIRST LAWSUIT AGAINST BIDEN ADMINISTRATION: On at least one front, Texas has temporarily blocked Biden’s radical agenda of unfettered immigration, after winning a lawsuit halting Biden’s deportation freeze. “Texas is the FIRST state in the nation to bring a lawsuit against the Biden Admin. AND WE WON,” Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton wrote. “Within six days of Biden’s inauguration, Texas has HALTED his illegal deportation freeze. This was a seditious left-wing insurrection. And my team and I stopped it.” Texas is joined thus far by five other states (West Virginia, Mississippi, Arkansas, Indiana, and Montana) who have assured Biden that if he signs “unconstitutional laws passed by Congress, it will be our responsibility and duty to challenge those laws in court.”
2. US GOVERNMENT ISSUES NATIONWIDE TERRORISM ALERT: On Wednesday, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued a nationwide terrorist alert, stating, “Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence.”
This comes as House Democrats, led by California Representative Adam Schiff, have proposed The Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act of 2021. Even Democratic Congresswoman and 2020 presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard opposes the bill. She warns that “the John Brennans, Adam Schiffs, and oligarchs in Big Tech who are trying to undermine our constitutionally-protected rights and turn our country into a police state with KGB-style surveillance, are also domestic enemies, and much more powerful, and therefore dangerous, than the mob that stormed the Capitol.”
3. DAVOS AGENDA FEATURES CHINA’S XI JINPING AND OTHER GLOBALIST BUSINESSES AND POLITICAL LEADERS: Chinese President Xi Jinping kicked off the globalist January 25-29 Davos virtual meeting. In his introduction to Xi, World Economic Forum head Klaus Schwab heaped praise on Xi’s China for its “many initiatives” undertaken “in the spirit of creating a world where all actors assume a responsible and responsive role.” In his 30-minute speech, Xi outlined his four-part plan for global unity. Consider the following quotes:
- “No global problem can be solved by any one country alone. There must be global action, global response, and global cooperation.”
- “To build small circles or start a new Cold War, to reject, threaten or intimidate others, to willfully impose decoupling, supply disruption or sanctions, and to create isolation or estrangement will only push the world into division and even confrontation.”
- “We have been shown time and again that to beggar thy neighbor, to go it alone, and to slip into arrogant isolation will always fail. Let us all join hands and let multilateralism light our way toward a community with a shared future for mankind.”
Another speaker, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff, said, “Capitalism as we know it is dead. This obsession that we have had with maximizing profits for shareholders alone has lead to incredible inequality of the planetary emergency.” Also, at the meeting, teen climate activist Greta Thunberg called for urgent action to the “climate crisis.” You can learn more about the event and themes here.
4. BILL AND MELINDA GATES ANNUAL LETTER ADVOCATES FOR GLOBAL HEALTH: In their annual letter, “The year global health went local,” Bill and Melinda Gates explain why they believe “The world has an important opportunity to turn the hard-won lessons of this pandemic into a healthier, more equal future for all.” Bill praised global responses to Covid among businesses and political leaders and asserted that all Covid vaccines, though rushed, had to meet safety requirements. Bill believes, “Just as World War II was the defining event for our parents’ generation, the coronavirus pandemic we are living through right now will define ours.” Melinda highlighted what she believes are opportunities for prioritizing racial, gender, class, and immunity “equity” (those who do not understand the meaning of equity should watch Kamala Harris’ short description here). Bill advocated global “pandemic preparedness,” including a global alert system. Read the full letter here.
5. BIDEN ADMINISTRATION PROMOTES TRANSGENDERISM IN MILITARY, SPORTS, AND BATHROOMS: Biden signed an executive order allowing males who pretend to be females and females who pretend to be men to serve in the U.S. military. President Biden also ordered all federal agencies, including the Department of Education, to apply anti-discrimination law to gender identity and sexual orientation, extending to “children’s access to restrooms, locker rooms, and school sports; access to health care; and workers whose dress does not conform to sex-based stereotypes.” Heritage Foundation fellow Ryan Anderson called this “the end of girls’ and women’s sports as we know them.” In related news, Secretary of State Antony Blinken intends to fly rainbow flags over U.S. embassies.
6. US SENATORS INTRODUCE TERM LIMITS LEGISLATION: U.S. Senators Ted Cruz (R-Tx), Mike Braun (R-In), Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Todd Young (R-Ind.), and Rick Scott (R-Fla.), have introduced an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would impose term limits on Members of Congress (two six years terms for senators, and three two year terms for representatives). Ted Cruz, who has twice before introduced this amendment stated, “Every year, Congress spends billions of dollars on giveaways for the well-connected: Washington insiders get taxpayer money, and members of Congress get re-elected, all while the system fails the American people. It’s no wonder that the vast majority of Americans from every political stripe – Republicans, Democrats, and Independents – overwhelmingly support congressional term limits…”
7. RADICAL POLICIES INTENDED TO CAUSE AMERICAN SUICIDE: Consider the following.
- Election: Democrats have already introduced legislation to make Washington, D.C., the 51st state. House Democrats have now introduced a constitutional amendment to end the electoral college. Additionally, H.R. 1, “For the People Act,” would federalize the election process, allow felons to vote, cripple voter I.D. laws, and institute a host of election protocols that would strip away the constitutional authority of states to regulate their own elections, creating a recipe for massive voter fraud.
- Life: In addition to rescinding the Mexico City policy, which had prohibited the U.S. government from subsidizing abortion in foreign countries, Biden/Harris are “committed to codifying Roe v. Wade and appointing judges that respect foundational precedents like Roe.”
- Environment: Through executive order, Biden has paused new gas and oil leases on federal land and cut fossil fuel subsidies. He also aims to “conserve” almost one-third of federal land over the next ten years. Further, the Pentagon has now labeled climate change as “a national security issue.”
- Immigration: “It shall be the policy of my Administration that no more American taxpayer dollars be diverted to construct a border wall,” the executive order states.
- Minimum Wage: Biden has ordered a $15 minimum wage for all federal employees.
As proof that Biden is a mere Deep State puppet, Biden was recorded saying, “I don’t know what I’m signing,” as he prepared to sign a slew of executive orders.
8. POLAND AND HONDURAS AFFIRM LIFE AND BIBLICAL MARRIAGE: Poland, one of the most pro-life countries in Europe, has now begun enforcing a new law that bans abortions in the case of disabilities. Honduras’ Congress affirmed its constitutional bans on abortion and faux homosexual marriage.
9. PEOPLE AWAKENING TO COVID, TECH, AND MEDIA TYRANNY: News polls revealed that fewer than half of Americans trust traditional media, and over 80% of voters want Big Tech to be regulated. In Florida, Governor Ron DeSantis is considering measures to hold Big Tech accountable. A petition to recall California Governor Gavin Newsom has already gained 1.2 million signatures in the Golden State, with two months left to reach the 1.5 million required signatures.
The Netherlands, Denmark, and Spain all recently experienced anti-lockdown protests. In Spain, over one thousand people joined a march in Madrid to protest the country’s “health dictatorship.”
10. PRESIDENT TRUMP ESTABLISHES “OFFICE OF THE FORMER PRESIDENT”: Robbed of the Presidency, Donald Trump has no intentions of quietly retiring from public life. To advance his America First agenda, Trump opened the “Office of the Former President” on January 25. According to a public statement, “The Office will be responsible for managing President Trump’s correspondence, public statements, appearances, and official activities to advance the interests of the United States and to carry on the agenda of the Trump Administration through advocacy, organizing, and public activism. President Trump will always and forever be a champion for the American People.”
11. A HYMN FOR THE WEEK: We pray you find encouragement from these words below.
God of our fathers, whose almighty hand
Leads forth in beauty all the starry band
Of shining worlds in splendor through the skies,
Our grateful songs before Thy throne arise.
Thy love divine hath led us in the past,
In this free land by Thee our lot is cast;
Be Thou our ruler, guardian, guide and stay,
Thy Word our law, Thy paths our chosen way.
From war’s alarms, from deadly pestilence,
Be Thy strong arm, our ever sure defense;
Thy true religion in our hearts increase,
Thy bounteous goodness nourish us in peace.
Refresh Thy people on their toilsome way,
Lead us from night to never-ending day;
Fill all our lives with love and grace divine,
And glory, laud, and praise be ever Thine.