It’s easy to view the world through a political, economic, or cultural lens while missing the spiritual reality underpinning it all. The sad reality is that America reached today’s tipping point through decades of spiritual decay. Alexander Solzhenitsyn wrote, “More than half a century ago, while I was still a child, I recall hearing a number of older people offer the following explanation for the great disasters that had befallen Russia: Men have forgotten God; that’s why all this has happened.”
The same will be true for America, if we do not turn back to the God of the Bible upon which this nation was founded. While we have grave political problems, they all stem back the fact that we have forgotten God. As Patrick Henry said, “Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains.”
A ray of hope is found in 2 Chronicles 7:14, an oft-read, but little-applied verse: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” Remember: this is the hope for America!
1. THE HOUSE IMPEACHES PRESIDENT TRUMP A SECOND TIME: Tuesday’s impeachment vote means that Nancy Pelosi has now presided over half of all impeachments in U.S. history. As Rogan O’ Handly observed, “Being impeached twice by the Swamp just means you were effective in fighting their corruption.” The House voted 232 to 197 to impeach Trump, with 10 Republicans joining the Democrats and 4 abstaining.
2. CONSERVATIVE LEADERS WARN PATRIOTS TO STAY AWAY FROM DC, STATE CAPITOLS ON JAN. 20TH: A Defense Official quoted in a New York Times Article warns of Inauguration attacks. “Worst-case scenarios include snipers targeting inauguration dignitaries, ‘suicide-type aircraft’ entering Washington’s restricted airspace and even remote-powered drones attacking the crowd.” 15,000 troops have been deployed to D.C. One conservative commentator asked, “Could this be a setup for harm to come Biden’s way only to be blamed on these supposedly armed conservatives?”
3. CENSORSHIP FOLLOWS DANGEROUS HISTORICAL PRECEDENT: President Trump is permanently suspended from YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter, Parler is gone (hopefully temporarily), and CNN has called to ban Fox News, OAN, and Newsmax from the airwaves. Meanwhile, Stripe, PayPal, and Shopify are removing service from Trump’s stores. And AR15.com, the largest gun forum, has been shut down by the web hosting company GoDaddy.
Activists have demanded that Harvard revoke degrees to prominent conservatives, specifically Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), and White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany. Conservative Curt Schilling had his insurance policy canceled by AIG over his “social media profile.” Woke leftists are now bragging about turning in friends and family who attend the Jan. 6th Capitol protest. Does this sound like the Chinese Credit score, Communist family informants, or Orwell’s Ministry of Truth?
4. MERKEL, NAVALNY, MUSK, CONDEMN BIG TECH CENSORSHIP: German Prime Minister Angela Merkel, a Trump critic, criticized Twitter’s ban of Trump as “problematic.” Russian dissident and opposition leader Alexey Navalny, who is no friend to Trump, likewise condemned Twitter’s action. “I think that the ban of Donald Trump on Twitter is an unacceptable act of censorship… In my opinion, the decision to ban Trump was based on emotions and personal political preferences.” Navalny also warned that Twitter’s standards were inconsistent and would embolden rogue dictators. “Among the people who have Twitter accounts are cold-blooded murderers (Putin or Maduro) and liars and thieves (Medvedev).” Elon Musk (now the world’s richest man) wrote on Twitter, “A lot of people are going to be super unhappy with West Coast high tech as the de facto arbiter of free speech.”
5. DORSEY AND DEEP STATISTS REVEAL THE PURGE IS JUST BEGINNING: A Twitter insider leaked a video recording outlining Jack Dorsey’s vision for future censorship. “We are focused on one account [@realDonaldTrump] right now, but this is going to be much bigger than just one account, and it’s going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go on beyond the inauguration.” CNN’s Don Lemon said, “If you voted for Trump, you’re with the Klan & the Capitol Hill rioters.”
Project Veritas caught PBS Principal Counsel Michael Beller saying that children of Trump supporters need to be taken to reeducation camps, because their parents will be “raising a generation of intolerant, horrible people – horrible kids.” Beller said that if “even if Biden wins, we go for all the Republican voters, Homeland Security will take their children away…”
6. VACCINE TYRANNY CONTINUES: A coalition including Microsoft, Oracle, the Mayo Clinic, and health insurer Cigna Corp, have launched the Vaccine Credential Initiative “to allow businesses, airlines and countries to check if people have received the vaccine.” In New York, a proposed bill would create Covid concentration camps, authorizing officials to detain individuals without court charges. The A.P. reports, “Anyone flying to the U.S. will soon need to show proof of a negative test for COVID-19.”
7. RADICAL LEGISLATION COMING IF BIDEN IS INAUGURATED: Democrats are already moving forward a slew of radical proposals. These include: (1) an amendment to abolish the electoral college (2) a Patriot Bill 2.0 that cracks down on conservatives (now labeled “domestic terrorists”) (3) a restrictive gun bill fulfilling Biden’s promise to “defeat the NRA and end our epidemic of gun violence” (4) and a $1.9 trillion stimulus package.
8. PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP! Orwell’s 1984 just became the bestselling book… on Amazon, ironically. Alternative social media sites Telegram, Gab have grown massively, with Gab’s CEO reporting on Jan. 9th, “Our traffic is up 753% in the past 24 hours. Tens of millions of visits.” Meanwhile, Facebook and Twitter have lost over $50 billion in market share. Tim Berners-Lee, the man who invented the internet, announced that he is working on an alternative internet for those wishing to escape the centralization and control of the Tech Giants.
South Carolina has introduced a bill to ban mandatory vaccinations, and states are considering options to combat Big Tech censorship.
9. AMERICANS WANT OUT OF THE BIG BLUE CITIES: According to a January 5th Gallup poll, almost half (48% of Americans, up from 39% in 2018) would prefer to live in a town or rural area as opposed to a big city. For those considering a move, we’ve included our list of Top 10 States, along with key criteria to evaluate for a state and a community. In our Behind the Scenes Video, we looked for states with the following metrics:
- Over 60% Trump vote in 2020
- Strong Pro-Life Laws
- Good Homeschooling Laws
- Friendly Concealed Carry Laws
- Non-Threatening Vaccine Laws
Following are our Top 10, in no particular order: Idaho, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Alabama, Arkansas, Tennessee, West Virginia, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Kentucky.
10. STAND UP, BUT REMEMBER TO PRAY AND TRUST: Timothy A., one of our subscribers, sent us these encouraging words: “God has a plan. Ever since the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, God had a plan. God knows everything that happened when Adam and Eve sinned. God knows everything that happened on Jan. 6th. From the point Adam and Eve sinned, God’s plan has never failed.” Timothy also reminded us, “God helped America in 1776. God helped Israel in 2048 BC. And God can intervene and help us right now in 2021.”
Are you praying for God to use us to accomplish His purposes, for such a time as this?
11. PRAISE FOR THE DAY:
Sing praise to God who reigns above,
The God of all creation,
The God of power, the God of love,
The God of our salvation.
With healing balm my soul is filled
And every faithless murmur stilled:
To God all praise and glory.