As explained in this week’s Behind the Scenes video, “bread and circuses” (or food and entertainment) have been a preferred tool of tyranny since the days of the Roman Emperors. Thomas Jefferson wisely observed, “A well informed citizenry is the best defense against tyranny.” Today’s tyrants who seek to eliminate our freedoms seek to distract us with trivial pursuits and the comfort of materialism so that we do not understand what is actually happening in the world until it is too late. Are you focused on the meaningful things in life, or have you allowed yourself to become distracted by today’s bread and circuses?
1. BIDEN ESTABLISHES ORWELLIAN MINISTRY OF TRUTH IN WAKE OF ELON MUSK’S TWITTER ACQUISITION: The Department of Homeland Security is establishing a new Disinformation Governance Board, which Politico reports is specifically focused on “misinformation” related to “irregular migration and Russia.” Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO) denounced the move, stating, “The administration that activated the FBI against parents at school board meetings has now created a government Disinformation Board to monitor all Americans’ speech. It’s a disgrace.”
Representative Lauren Boebert (R-CO) pointed out the timing of the announcement, noting, “The libs spent the last weeks planting the seeds for the back-up plan in case the Twitter deal actually happened. Today’s news of a Biden-backed ‘Disinformation Governance Board’ is dystopian. They can’t afford to let the truth be anything but what they say.”
The New American reports, “The board will be under the executive direction of Nina Jankowicz — a “Russian disinformation” expert who served as a Disinformation Fellow at the Woodrow Wilson Center for International Scholars in Washington, D.C.”
2. EUROPE RUSHES TO REGULATE AWAY FREE SPEECH: The European Union has approved the Orwellian “Digital Services Act.” The Associated Press reports, “Big tech companies like Google and Facebook parent Meta will have to police their platforms more strictly to better protect European users from hate speech, disinformation and other harmful online content…The Digital Services Act, one half of an overhaul for the 27-nation bloc’s digital rulebook, helps cement Europe’s reputation as the global leader in efforts to rein in the power of social media companies and other digital platforms.”
The United Kingdom’s proposed “Online Safety Bill” would undermine free speech. CNBC reports, “Britain’s Online Safety Bill would make it mandatory for social media services to tackle both illegal posts as well as material that is ‘legal but harmful,’ a vague definition that has attracted criticism from some in the tech industry over concerns that it may stifle free speech.”
Meanwhile, China has banned social media posts containing “Arise, ye who refuse to be slaves,” the first stanza of China’s national anthem.
3. WARREN AND OBAMA WANT LESS FREE SPEECH: Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) call called for “rules of the road” to regulate Big Tech following Elon Musk’s acquisition of Twitter. Warren also called Musk’s acquisition “dangerous for our democracy.” In a recent speech, former President Barack Obama said that the First Amendment “doesn’t apply to private companies like Facebook and Twitter” and called for more regulation of social media and censorship of “disinformation.”
Ed. Note: One individual summed up the left’s hysteria over Musk’s Twitter purchase perfectly: “It’s ‘dangerous’ for a conservative billionaire to buy Twitter, but it’s perfectly OK for a liberal billionaire [Jeff Bezos] to own the Washington Post.”
4. ITALY TO TEST SOCIAL CREDIT SYSTEM: In the fall of 2022, the city of Bologna, Italy, will launch a social credit system as a pilot project. It will be voluntary…for now. Bologna’s officials announced, “We will start with a pilot project for the city: at the center is the virtuous citizen, the one who, for example, separates waste well or does not waste energy, or uses public transport and does not take fines, or is still active with the Bologna Welcome Card. The Municipality says to these people ‘we will assign you a score’, as part of a circular reward with economic benefits to individual users.”
The Daily Exposé notes, “Enrollees will be given a ‘smart citizen wallet’ where their rewards can be accessed. The higher one’s score, correlating with good behavioral changes, will allow them access to more benefits. At first, enrollment into the social credit score will be optional; however, there are justified concerns that the program will become mandatory in the future, not unlike the dystopian vaccine passport which has become a staple of everyday life in the E.U.”
5. BILL GATES GIVES ANOTHER TED TALK: At his last TED Talk, given in March 2015 and titled, “The next outbreak? We’re not ready,” Bill Gates predicted, “If anything kills over ten million people in the next few decades, it’s most likely to be a highly infectious virus, rather than a war.”
The world’s third-richest man took the stage once again to give a talk entitled, “We Can Make Covid-19 the Last Pandemic.” Gates spent most of his time outlining his proposal for GERM, a $1 billion-a-year Global Epidemic Response and Mobilization team to “stop outbreaks before they become pandemics.” The team would be made up of 3,000 “experts” and would work closely with the Gates-funded World Health Organization. Gates took a moment to praise Australia’s Covid-19 response, advocating that other nations need to follow Australia’s tyrannical lead. Bill Gates closed with these words, “If we take the right steps, we can make Covid-19 the last pandemic. And we can build a healthier, more equitable world for everyone.”
Ed. Note: Gates continues to claim that his vaccines have saved lives. However, Life Site News notes, “More than 61,000 Millennials and record numbers of Gen-Xers died in 2021 alone, after the Covid vaccines hailed as miracles were rolled out, leaving an unprecedented wake of mortality in the last quarter of the year.”
6. COVID VACCINES ARE DEVASTATING FERTILITY AND PREGNANCY: Dr. James Thorp has practiced obstetrics for 42 years and sees 6,000 to 7,000 high-risk pregnant patients a year. Thorp recently testified, “I’ve seen many, many, many complications in pregnant women, in moms and in fetuses, in children, offspring,” including “fetal death, miscarriage, death of the fetus inside the mom…What I’ve seen in the last two years is unprecedented.”
Last October, Dr. Christiane Northrup said, “Women are having bleeding. The doctors in our area are doing hysterectomies in young women, like 30-somethings, they said, ‘Oh, it’s not unusual.’ Let me tell you, as a board-certified gynecologist, that’s very unusual. Women’s periods are messed up all over the place…I’ve had a huge Facebook group of thousands of women talking about this situation that was removed.”
Three members of the Children’s Health Defense conducted research for a paper that showed a sharp increase of “decidual cast shedding,” or shedding of the uterine lining in women, in 2021. The Children’s Health Defense reports, “The My Cycle Story survey of 6,049 females found 292 reported cases of decidual cast shedding between May 16, 2021, and Dec. 31, 2021. The results of the survey, which was conducted on social media, contrasted with the pre-pandemic period, where a total of 40 cases were found in the medical literature over the past 109 years.”
Ed. Note: In December 2021, former Pfizer vice-president Dr. Michael Yeadon and Dr. Wolfgang Wodarg warned the world that the Covid-19 vaccines would likely severely impact fertility and pregnancy. Yeadon and Wodarg were censored and ridiculed by the “experts” because they disagreed with the narrative promoted by the globalist-controlled media.
7. FDA APPROVES TOXIC REMDESIVIR FOR INFANTS: The Children’s Health Defense reports, “The U.S. Food and Drug Administration on Monday approved the use of the antiviral therapy, Remdesivir, to treat COVID-19 in infants four weeks and older, despite having no evidence the treatment is effective or even safe for young children.”
This comes as members of the U.S. House coronavirus committee urged the FDA to consider Covid-19 shots for infants and children up to 5 years old. Moderna asked the FDA to approve vaccines for children under 6, while Pfizer asked the FDA to authorize a third booster shot for kids 5 to 11.
Ed. Note: Today’s Marxists and globalists are targeting children in every way imaginable. From abortion, to masks, to transgender ideology, to education, and now toxic vaccines and drugs, there appears to be no end to the anti-child agenda.
8. GLOBALIST EMMANUEL MACRON WINS REELECTION: Emmanuel Macron won a second five-year term as President of France, beating Marine Le Pen 58.5% to 41.5%. Breitbart points out that 85% of Muslims in France voted for Macron.
Macron is a protegé of Klaus Schwab and a former Young Global Leader. The New York Times noted, “With his victory in France’s presidential election, Emmanuel Macron has become the most influential voice in the European Union.” In his congratulatory tweet, President Biden said he looked forward to working with France in “supporting Ukraine, defending democracy, and countering climate change.”
9. BRITISH FOREIGN SECRETARY CALLS FOR A “GLOBAL NATO”: British Foreign Secretary Lizz Truss called for a “global Nato,” militarily and economically, stating, “NATO must have a global outlook, ready to tackle global threats. We need to pre-empt threats in the Indo-Pacific, working with our allies like Japan and Australia to ensure the Pacific is protected.”
10. MARCH OF THE RINOS: After years of promising to “repeal and replace” Obamacare, Republicans failed to deliver when they had full control of Congress and the White House in 2017. Now, Politico reports that Republicans will not seek to repeal Obamacare if they take control of Congress in the 2022 midterms. A number of Republican Senators have signaled that they would not support repealing the law. Dean Clancy of the Koch brother’s group Americans for Prosperity said, “Obamacare is here to stay, but we believe the law needs major improvements to deliver more personalized care for patients.”
The 2013 amnesty “Gang of Eight” has been revived with a new “Gang of Four” Senators who want to grant amnesty for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens. The group includes Democrat Senators Alex Padilla (D-CA) and Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Republican Senators Thom Tillis (R-NC) and John Cornyn (R-TX).
Michelle Malkin reviewed the legacy of former seven-term U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch, who passed away last weekend: “I’ve said it for more than two decades, and I’ll say it again because no one else will: The unvarnished truth is that Orrin Hatch was an open-borders globalist who served Big Tech oligarchs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce traitors, and USS government careerists while stabbing American workers and citizens in the back for his entire public life. He was a prototypical wheeler-dealer driven by self-preservation, not by principle. His political wisdom was of the wet-finger-in-the-wind variety, claiming a Reagan conservative mantle during election cycles and then throwing constitutional conservatives under the bus once comfortably back in his well-worn Senate committee seats.” See Malkin’s article, “Orrin Hatch’s Beltway Barnacle Legacy.”
11. GLOBAL FOOD CRISIS CONTINUES: Reuters reports, “Global food and fuel price shocks linked to the Russia-Ukraine war are set to last until at least the end of 2024 and raise the risk of stagflation, the World Bank said in its latest Commodities Market Outlook report.” Speaking to Bloomberg, Rockefeller Foundation head Rajiv Shah warned of a “massive” global food crisis.
12. FAUCI BELIEVES HEALTH AUTHORITIES SHOULD NOT BE ACCOUNTABLE TO COURTS: Dr. Anthony Fauci responded to the federal ruling that struck down the CDC’s mask mandate for travel with these words: “Well, I clearly disagree; I mean those types of things should be decided as a public health issue by the public health organizations, in this case, the CDC. This is a public health matter, not a judicial matter.”
13. NOTEWORTHY STORIES:
- The Epoch Times reports, “Wikipedia editors deleted an entry for Hunter Biden’s investment company Rosemont Seneca Partners.”
- According to the Associated Press, “Harvard University is vowing to spend $100 million to study and atone for its extensive ties with slavery…with plans to identify and support the descendants of enslaved people who labored at the Ivy League campus.”
- Thousands of German nationals have migrated to the South American country of Paraguay to escape Covid tyranny and Muslim migrants.
- South Carolina House Minority leader Todd Rutherford is an ardent proponent of gun control. As a lawyer, Rutherford recently successfully argued to release Jewayne Price, the suspected shooter in the Columbiana Centre mall shooting in which 14 people were injured.
- While unvaccinated patriots continue to be pushed out of the U.S. Army and Air Force, almost 400 CDC employees remain unvaccinated.
THE FREEDOM AGENDA
1. ELON MUSK STRIKES DEAL TO BUY TWITTER: Elon Musk tweeted, “I hope even my worst critics remain on Twitter because that is what free speech means.” Musk said in a statement: “Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated. I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential—I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.” USA Today called the move “good for free speech” and a “nightmare for progressives.”
2. DESANTIS SIGNS BILL REVOKING DISNEY’S SPECIAL STATUS: At the signing, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said, “You’re a corporation based in Burbank, California, and you’re gonna marshal your economic might to attack the parents of my state. We view that as a provocation, and we’re going to fight back against that.” Disney’s market cap has fallen by $34 billion since it came out against Florida’s anti-grooming law. Franklin Graham wrote, “The morals of the corporate leadership of Disney today are in the gutter, and they want to redefine family counter to God’s original design and flaunt sin…Thank God for Governor Ron DeSantis, who is willing to take a bold stand.”
3. FEDERAL JUDGE BLOCKS CANCELLATION OF TITLE 42: A Louisiana federal judge has temporarily blocked Biden’s move to lift the title 42 immigration rule and let millions more immigrants into the United States. The ruling came after a lawsuit from over 20 states. Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry said, “Joe Biden’s reckless decision to rescind Title 42 would have flooded our already stressed southern border with illegal immigrants. Fortunately, today a judge has granted our request to halt this enormous threat to our national security.”
4. VIRGINIA GOVERNOR MAKES HISTORY BY ATTENDING PRO-LIFE MARCH: Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin became the first governor to attend an official state pro-life march. Speaking at the rally, Virginia Lieutenant Governor Winsome Sears said, “We can’t be cowardly in what we’re doing because the other side is not cowardly, and we know we have right on our side. And so we will go, and we will stay on the battlefield, and we can’t ever leave because all it takes is one more vote…When we talk about life, we have to keep winning.”
5. MORE PRO-LIFE VICTORIES: The spring edition of the biannual 40 Days for Life campaign saved over 450 babies. The City of Bryant, Arkansas, declared itself “a Pro-Life city” and passed a pro-life resolution “to promote and protect the dignity and humanity of all persons at all stages of life from conception until natural death.”
The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals dismissed another lawsuit against the Texas Heartbeat Law. Life News reports, “Today is the 238th day the Texas heartbeat law is saving babies from abortion and, although abortion supporters claimed women would die because of the ban, not one single woman has died because of it.”
6. OKLAHOMA AND FLORIDA OPPOSE BIDEN’S WAR ON GENDER: Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt signed a law banning “non-binary” birth certificates, making Oklahoma the first state to do so. State Senator Michael Bergstrom, the sponsor of the bill, said, “We must stand up and put a stop to this nonsense regarding biological sex. It’s not a complicated issue – biologically, you’re either a male or female. There should be no other option to choose from on a birth certificate.”
Florida State Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo issued guidance rejecting the Biden Administration’s guidance on puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones. Ladapo said, “The federal government’s medical establishment…failing at the most basic level of academic rigor shows that this was never about health care. It was about injecting political ideology into the health of our children. Children experiencing gender dysphoria should be supported by family and seek counseling, not pushed into an irreversible decision before they reach 18.”
7. TENNESSEE PASSES TWO IMPORTANT BILLS: The first bill prohibits biological males from unfairly competing in women’s sports by defunding schools that allow the practice. The second bill promotes medical freedom by allowing Tennessee residents to obtain Ivermectin without a prescription. Governor Bill Lee signed both bills.
8. DESANTIS CREATES TASK FORCE TO PROSECUTE ELECTION CRIMES: At a press conference, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis said, “So, we are creating, for the first time ever in state government, an Office of Election Crimes and Security to be able to prosecute voter fraud.”
9. GEN-ZERS LEAVING SOCIAL MEDIA: Recent surveys show that many Gen Z-ers, those born in the late 1990s and 2000s, are quitting social media, with some calling Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook “toxic” and “obsessive.” After quitting TikTok and Instagram, 20-year-old Gabriella Steinerman said, “When you delete it, you realize you don’t need it.”
10. RUMBLE PARTNERS WITH TRUTH SOCIAL: Rumble announced that Donald Trump’s Truth Social has migrated to Rumble’s cloud infrastructure. Rumble founder and CEO Chris Pavlovski said, “We are excited to partner with one of the fastest-growing social media companies on the internet. Providing top-notch cloud infrastructure is essential, and Truth Social users will start to see the fruits of our labors immediately.”
11. CONSERVATIVE CREDIT CARD COMPANY LAUNCHES: Named Coign, the new company will seek to battle woke corporate culture by supporting conservative groups. Coign founder Rob Collins said, “Too many corporations are investing their customers’ money in political and social priorities that align with their executives, the media, and the left’s agenda. Coign will let conservatives voice their priorities through charitable donations they get to pick.” For more information, visit coign.com.
12. FREEDOM CONVOY ORGANIZER TO BE GIVEN FREEDOM AWARD: The Canada-based Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) will award Freedom Convoy organizer Tamara Lich with the George Jonas Freedom Award. According to the JCCF, the award “recognizes and honors one individual each year who has contributed significantly to advancing and preserving freedom in Canada.”
HYMN OF THE WEEK
We Praise Thee, O God By Julia Cory
We praise Thee, O God, our Redeemer, Creator,
In grateful devotion our tribute we bring.
We lay it before Thee, we kneel and adore Thee,
We bless Thy holy name, glad praises we sing!
We worship Thee, God of our fathers, we bless Thee;
Through life’s storm and tempest our guide Thou hast been.
When perils o’ertake us, escape Thou wilt make us,
And with Thy help, O Lord, our battles we win!
With voices united our praises we offer,
To Thee, great Jehovah, glad anthems we raise.
Thy strong arm will guide us, our God is beside us,
To Thee, our great Redeemer, for ever be praise!